Autoimmune Berry Pie
NOVEMBER 29, 2016 by OLIVIA NEELY, RDN, LD
- 16 ounces berries, can be frozen
- 3 pears, or apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10-15 drops stevia, to taste
- 1 coconut crust, fully baked in a 9 inch pie plate
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (Vital Proteins brand found here)
Servings: 6 – Time: 6 hours
- Please see the Coconut Pie Crust recipe and bake one crust prior to making the berry filling. You can also make this recipe without a crust.
- Place 1 cup of berries and the peeled pears or apples into a saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and stevia to the fruit mixture and blend in a blender or with a blending wand. Add more stevia if needed.
- Place the gelatin in a small bowl and add 2 Tbsp. of cold water. Stir until blended. Add gelatin to the cooked berry mixture and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the cooked berry mixture into the fully baked pie crust. Then place the rest of the berries into the pie filling, spreading them out evenly.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Per Serving: 50 Calories; trace Fat (6.4% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1mg Sodium.