Since a small child, anything unfair bothers me deeply to the core. I translated this into social justice work throughout college and an undergraduate degree in political science. I studied healthcare development in Uganda and worked in youth HIV/AIDS prevention. But it wasn’t until my father become sick that my eyes were opened to the perhaps the biggest injustice of all here at home.
The inadequacy of his care bothered me. It felt like an injustice that my father be given no guidance as to diet, instead the only “help” came from the prescription pad. And just like that my passion for social justice began to morph into a passion for health justice, ultimately sparking my career in nutrition.
It is my core belief that healthcare focused on prevention and root cause resolution is a fundamental human right. When functional medicine fills this void, magic happens. I focus on understanding my clients as a whole person, educating them about what is going on inside of their bodies, and empowering them to take back control of their health.
Education & Training
- Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition & Integrative Health — Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Cum Laude — Saint Michael’s College
- Over 100 hours of Apex Functional Medicine Training including:
- Mastering Brain Chemistry
- Mastering Functional Blood Chemistry
- Mastering the Thyroid
- Funcitonal Endocrinology
- Fundamentals of Functional Blood Chemistry
- The Development & Aging of the Brain