Healthy breakfast ✔
Quick breakfast ✔
Leftovers for an after-dinner treat ✔
Extra protein boost option ✔
I am LOVING this recipe from Paleo Gluten Free Eats, a quick and easy breakfast that can practically be made the night before.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- Roast up some sweet potatoes while you’re cooking dinner.
- Throw whole-roasted sweet potatoes in the blender along with some nut butter and non-dairy milk (I did two sweet potatoes, 2 Tbsp almond butter, and 2 Tbsp Ripple Milk).
- Add in any spices you’d like (cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, etc.).
- Add an optional PROTEIN BOOST with 2 scoops of Collagen Peptides.
- Spoon it into a bowl and top with frozen blueberries and any other nutrient-packed lovelies (chia seeds, flaxseeds, walnuts, hemp seeds).
Why Protein in the Morning is Important
I added the extra protein boost with the collagen peptides because it is so important to get protein at breakfast. If you’re eating the Standard American Diet (SAD) then you’re likely starting your day off with a sugar rush, which doesn’t help anyone – read about why protein at breakfast is a must.