Breakfast Egg Cups
NOVEMBER 30, 2016 by OLIVIA NEELY, RDN, LD
Scrambled eggs, though packed with nutrients, can get, well, boring over time. Get creative with this recipe! If you want to mix in breakfast sausage, spinach, beans or any other vegetables, feel free!
*makes 8-9 egg cups
- 6 eggs
- 4 pieces of quality bacon, cooked & cut into little pieces
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional- avoid if on strict Paleo or Candida diet)
- Vegetables of choice (spinach, avocado, salsa, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, scramble eggs and add salt and pepper.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil to prevent sticking. Evenly distribute scrambled egg mixture into muffin tin, filling up about halfway.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until eggs are cooked about halfway.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle bacon pieces (or vegetables) onto eggs and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs and bake for another 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve over a bed of spinach, top with salsa or enjoy with half an avocado.