- Amitayus Kadampa Buddhist Center
- Siddha Yoga Meditation Center
- Shambhala Center
- The Penn program for Mindfulness- 8 week Mindfulness based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programs
- Jefferson Hospital – 8 week MBSR Program
There are many CD’s to get you started. These are some of my favorites:
- Guided Meditation: Six Essential Practices to Cultivate Love, Awareness and Wisdom – Jack Cornfeld
- Mindfulness Meditation – Tara Brach
- The Wisdom of the Breath – Three Guided Meditations for Calming the Mind and Cultivating Insight – Bodhipaksa
- How to Meditate with Pema Chödrön – A Practical Guide to Making Friends with Your Mind
- Headspace – a wonderful guided meditation app to take with you wherever you go.
- A great site with downloadable hypnosis tracks and many resources – http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/
- Breathing: The Master Key to Self-Healing by Andrew Weil
There are so many books on self-transformation, motivating change and stress reduction. These are some of my favorites:
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are Paperback – Brene Brown
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles” by Marianne Williamson (Author)
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose Paperback – January 30, 2008 by Eckhart Tolle
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) Paperback – by Don Miguel Ruiz (Author)
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times (Shambhala Classics) Paperback – by Pema Chodron
Regardless of the type of nutritional plan you are on, these books are full of good information.
- Perfect Health Diet: Regain Health and Lose Weight by Eating the Way You Were Meant to Eat – by Ph.D. Paul Jaminet Ph.D. and Shou-Ching Jaminet Ph.D.
- The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy by Mark Sisson
- It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways Hardcover – by Dallas Hartwig and Melissa Hartwig
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar–Your Brain’s Silent Killers–David Perlmutter
- The Blood Sugar Solution: The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now! by Mark Hyman (Author)
- 8 Weeks to Optimum Health: A Proven Program for Taking Full Advantage of Your Body’s Natural Healing by Andrew Weil
There are so many wonderful cook books out there whether you are vegan, vegetarian, paleo or omnivorous. These are a good place to start.
- Super Natural Every Day: Well-Loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen – by Heidi Swanson
- The New Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone – by Deborah Madison (Author)
- Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes to Make Anytime Paperback – by Danielle Walker
- The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: A Delicious Alternative for Lifelong Health by Nancy Harmon Jenkins
- At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen: Celebrating the Art of Eating Well. by Amy Chaplin