Our genes determine many things about ourselves including our hair color and eye color, but also our genes can affect an individual’s ability to lose weight.
In particular there are seven components of weight loss that are specifically influenced by our DNA. By analyzing these genetic segments it is possible to design a nutrition and exercise program that takes into consideration these individual differences and maximize weight loss.
A sample of genetic components that GxSlim can determine about your specific genome:
- How well your body processes carbohydrates
- How much fat can you lose through cardio exercise
- How sensitive your body is to fat in your diet
- How does your body respond to strength training
- How sensitive is your body to protein in your diet
- Your risk for certain vitamin deficiencies because of your genes
GxSlim maximizes your ability to lose weight by optimizing diet and exercise programs based on your specific genotype. All of this is available through a simple DNA test (cheek swab) done in the office. Ask about GxSlim today!
*We also recommend for best results that you analyze your vitamin and mineral status via the Spectracell Micronutrient test